Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
What is AC?
AC Hotels by Marriott have a goal to make guests feel better than at home. Celebrating the beauty of classic modern design borne of its Spanish roots and European soul, this brand was conceived to create a seamless and harmonious experience for creative, well-traveled, entrepreneurial spirits who appreciate their hotel as an oasis of style and connection. AC Hotels has more than 90 locations across the globe including locations in Spain, Italy, France, Denmark and now quickly expanding in United States. This global boutique brand provides guests only what they need, without paying for what they dontâ€¦..thus providing thoughtfully designed moments of beauty, moments that elevate their stay and help them focus on what is important to them. The style is sophisticated yet unpretentious pulling in locally inspired experiences and showcasing innovative food and beverage.
Concord Hospitality is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer to open our new AC Hotel in Gainesville located across the street from the University of Florida. This 144 room boutique hotel will bring a new style of lodging and guest experience to this popular city destination. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years experience as hotel Chief Engineer or Senior Level Tech role with experience understanding and operation of electrical, plumbing, refrigeration & boiler systems. Operate as an independent mechanic analyzing problems and course of action general maintenance and upkeep of Guest Rooms, Public Areas, as well as working within the department to meet all safety, budget and efficiency needs.
Sample of Job Requirements:
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Training, motivation development, and review of all engineering staff, keeping in step with our company objective of the professional development of our associates, and a positive work environment.
- It is important that the Chief Engineer understands all functions of his/her staff, and can complete those functions in the associates absence
- Ensure fulfillment of preventative maintenance program to specific brand standards.
- Inspect guest rooms after Preventative Maintenance.
- Review any problems with the PM mechanic and recheck room/suite before releasing to Housekeeping/Front Office.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders.
- Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor all deficiencies.
- Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Maintain a Maintenance Work Order Log.
- Repair HVAC as required; and clean HVAC coils semi-annually or as required.
- Repair appliances as required.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of brand standard key control policies and procedures are adhered to.
Our Concord Benefits
Concord Chief Engineers earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, complimentary life insurance with options for enhancements, ST/LT disability offerings as well as lucrative annual bonus plans, 401K plan with company match, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities. We thrive on reward and recognition and will provide you and your team ample opportunities to shine in the company as well as with Marriott.
The Concord Culture
Concord Hospitality invests in our associates by providing training and development at all levels, from interns to executive leaders. Our Associate First culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concords associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist. Concord is built on 5 cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and FUN! Our associates say it best and their love of working for our company is best presented in our company cheer heard throughout North America --- We Are Concord!
- 3+ Years Hotel Chief Engineer Experience
- OPENING hotel experience a PLUS
- Marriott or related brand experience a plus
- Should be skilled in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and basic maintenance
- Must be a great coach/trainer to his/her team developing others
- Must work in conjunction with Project Manager to open hotel successfully
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001C6Z&lang=en
• Post ID: 21977272 gainesville