Are you looking for a career with a competitive wage and generous benefits package? You just found it! Comfort Keepers provides Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K and PTO to its caregivers. In addition to these great benefits, there is paid CPR training, ongoing education and mentoring, quarterly in-services, premium paid holidays, referral programs for caregivers and clients, and much more!
$500.00 Longevity Sign-On Bonus paid out at six and twelve months of tenure with Comfort Keepers!
For more than 11 years, Comfort Keepers has been providing home care services for seniors and other adults throughout the Central Florida area from Lake City to south of The Villages. For us, it s about providing a service to seniors and their families that will give them the most comprehensive, quality home care while continuing to promote their independence and maintaining their quality of life. We are caring for The Greatest Generation, people who have worked their entire lives to always provide the best possible for their families. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to now give back to them. The Comfort Keepers mission statement is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, as though we are caring for a member of our own family. We live this mission each and every day and would be honored to care for you or your loved one in the same manner we would care for a member of our own family.
The individual in this position provides personal care and homemaker/companion services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse. The position reports directly to and works under the direction of the registered nurse and/or care coordinator.
A successful home health aide will hold the following skills:
Show Sound Judgment
This position will be based out of our Gainesville office:
1035 NW 57TH Street
Gainesville, FL 32605
Job Line: : 352-###-####
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Provides direct and indirect personal care to the patient in the home setting under direction of a registered nurse.
* Utilizes safety measures in provision of care.
* Maintains effective communication with supervisor regarding patient s condition.
* Participates in In-service training as required.
* Performs all personal care activities contained in a written assignment by a licensed health care professional employee or contractor of the home health agency.
* Documents and submits accurate records of personal health care activities.
* Observes appearance and gross behavioral changes in the patient and reports to supervisor.
* Removes patient's medication container from the storage area; prepares necessary items, i.e. juice, water, cups, spoons, etc.; to assist the patient.
* Participates in case conferences.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient and agency matters.
* Adheres to all Agency policies.
* Recognize emergencies and have knowledge of emergency procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge regarding basic infection control procedures.
* Performs homemaker/companion duties such as but not limited to cleaning, preparing meals, errands, transportation, and companionship.
* Adheres to the role of the Home Health Aide in the home setting as defined in Florida statute for home health agencies. (Reference FAC, Chapter 59A-8.0095, Section 5).
* Participates in training activities as requested annually.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Submits required documentation in a timely manner.
- Submit to Pre-Employment Background screening and MVR Driving Background screening
- Own a dependable vehicle with Auto Insurance on your vehicle with your name listed as a covered driver
- Drug Free Workplace
- CPR Certification
- CNA Certification
• Post ID: 18534192 gainesville